Berwyn, Pennsylvania

I ordered early when ThingCharger first approached the public for crowdfunding. I purchased four units, including two lightning and two 30 pin adaptors. As everyone else has said, they took over a year to arrive. Mine seemed to work, at least with newer Apple Products, as the 30 pin adaptors were not shipped (and it is now unclear if they will EVER be shipped, as ThingCharger is now cozying up to be fully Apple Certified, if I understand their latest communications). Bad news for the older products, and those in my family who still use them.

Not knowing the details, I did go ahead and order 8 additional units, including the elusive 30 pin adaptors again. I did receive the chargers and lightning adaptors, ... and to my surprise, an additional Eight ThingChargers and lightning adaptors! I shortly received an email stating they had mistakenly shipped some of us TWICE the number of units we had actually ordered. In an effort to assure our compliance in returning those, they said "those belong to someone else". A little guilt trip laid on those of us who had funded this startup, I guess. Who actually owns those units, I am not certain. I have boxed them up and will return them, although I may be in a minority of people who will. For helping them clean up their mess, customers are to be given a $100 certificate toward a "section" (selection?) of "awesome new charging products". We shall see if anything actually materializes from this firm that matches that description.

I have worked with and for many startups, some successful, many ultimate failures. I have never encountered the level of delay, incompetence ,poor communications and amateurish customer service as ThingCharger has displayed so far.

What could have been a creative and exciting new product line and manufacturer, has instead become a frustration and disappointment, and frankly, an inconvenience.

Bad form, ThingCharger. Very bad form indeed.

Review about: Thingcharger 2X.

I liked: Great product concept.

I didn't like: Never received the product ordered, Incompetent customer service, Did not deliver 30 pin adaptors as ordered.

2.5
Usability
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Fulfill delivery of 30 pin old-style Apple Adaptors as originally ordered. If Apple refuses to allow this, refund $ to compensate for misrepresentation.

Had an Experience with Thingcharger?

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1199470

I also got "someone else's" in addition to mine.They are a very shady company.

I don't like their tactics.Before they sent my order they sent an email "to confirm my address" that made it sound like I had to pay more to get the 4 pieces I ordered

Winter Garden, Florida, United States #1199149

I am so sorry that you have had such an unhappy experience with thingCHARGER, David, and I am very sorry that you feel so put upon being asked to return the extra units that our warehouse shipped to you by mistake.Our founders did hope that the $100.00 bonus towards future products would help to ease this inconvenience.

We are always available at hello@thingCHARGER.com if you have any further comments that you would like to make at anytime.

Have a great week!~ Kristin :)