I ordered early when ThingCharger first approached the public for crowdfunding. I purchased four units, including two lightning and two 30 pin adaptors. As everyone else has said, they took over a year to arrive. Mine seemed to work, at least with newer Apple Products, as the 30 pin adaptors were not shipped (and it is now unclear if they will EVER be shipped, as ThingCharger is now cozying up to be fully Apple Certified, if I understand their latest communications). Bad news for the older products, and those in my family who still use them.
Not knowing the details, I did go ahead and order 8 additional units, including the elusive 30 pin adaptors again. I did receive the chargers and lightning adaptors, ... and to my surprise, an additional Eight ThingChargers and lightning adaptors! I shortly received an email stating they had mistakenly shipped some of us TWICE the number of units we had actually ordered. In an effort to assure our compliance in returning those, they said "those belong to someone else". A little guilt trip laid on those of us who had funded this startup, I guess. Who actually owns those units, I am not certain. I have boxed them up and will return them, although I may be in a minority of people who will. For helping them clean up their mess, customers are to be given a $100 certificate toward a "section" (selection?) of "awesome new charging products". We shall see if anything actually materializes from this firm that matches that description.
I have worked with and for many startups, some successful, many ultimate failures. I have never encountered the level of delay, incompetence ,poor communications and amateurish customer service as ThingCharger has displayed so far.
What could have been a creative and exciting new product line and manufacturer, has instead become a frustration and disappointment, and frankly, an inconvenience.
Bad form, ThingCharger. Very bad form indeed.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Great product concept
What I disliked
- Never received the product ordered
- Incompetent customer service
- Did not deliver 30 pin adaptors as ordered
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Fulfill delivery of 30 pin old-style Apple Adaptors as originally ordered. If Apple refuses to allow this, refund $ to compensate for misrepresentation.
- Product or service
- Thingcharger 2X
- Thingcharger Shipping Service
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I looked at the Google reviews much too late. They claim to send you new items straight from the manufacturer but in actuality they are refurbished. I ordered a Plantronics..."
- "I purchased an antenna from www.antennadeals.com. I have yet to receive my antenna or a refund, which I have requested. I have emailed them quite a few times, with only..."
- "My Kobo has lines running across the screen. I had the device for a month before it happened. I carry my Kobo in my bag at all times (I am..."
- "My husband has been very sick for the past 5 months, either in hospitals or rehabs since December. I wanted to get him an arrangement to celebrate and to lift..."
- "I went in to buy the engagement ring my girlfriend fell in love with on a 'for fun' trip to the jewelry stores in the mall. They claimed it was..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."