ThingCharger - is it real or a scam?

I, too, ordered several thingChargers in early October 2015, for what I hoped would be cool Christmas presents for friends and family. After repeated attempts to contact via email, received the same responses as everyone: "oh, very sorry you misunderstood, this was a crowd-funding campaign. once we have enough funds, we'll begin production." Ok, I was fooled, but persistent. In December 2015, was told production had begun and I should the items soon. Today is January 21, 2016, and still no products. Not even an attempt to keep us posted. Another email prompted an automatic reply stating:

"Thanks for getting in touch.

"We’re shipping now and thrilled with the quality of the product - but we’ve had SO MUCH SUPPORT over the last few weeks its taking us a little time to get back to everyone at the moment.

"We’re committed not only to shipping an amazing product but also being great with support. Please be patient with us while we respond to your email personally.

"Thank you ~ Seymour & Amy Segnit"

We'll see if we ever get our products, or a refund of $207.45. Yikes.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 12 #1172313

Yes I was a major ***, falling for the multiple pack of chargers. I too thought they would make good gifts.

May 16 #1159777

I ordered the package of buy-3-get-1-free for $127.60. In no way did I think I was "donating" to help them get their business up and running! I am retired and thought those would make good gifts for grandkids. In late April 2016, I finally received an email - which I could not understand! That is when I learned I'd made a donation. Ugh! They say they didn't see my email response. What to do?! MS

Apr 07 #1141220

I was ready to order 4 of these, but decided to read reviews first. Having read several complaints from people who were charged for their devices but didn't receive them, I now will not order.

Feb 09 #1108925

Good morning Anonymous in Phoenix AZ, This is Kristin in Orlando FL, and I am with the thingCHARGER team. I really regret that you did not know where to find our updates after all of this time! Good communication is the reason that we have been committed to broadcasting weekly with news on thingCHARGERs progress for over a year now. Those updates are all archived at, and a new one comes out each Friday. If you still have a standing order with us, please contact me at and I will make sure that you are absolutely delighted with our product and our support going forward.

Jan 22 #1099016

I too ordered in October, started daily emails and left voice mails to ThingCharger with no response, then filed a complaint with the BBB in New York - and surprise, got the product on December 26th. Please file a complaint - it's the only way thingcharger appears to respond.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.